Join the Student Alumni Association
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) is a diverse body of full-time UAFS students. The group is lead by a Board. More information on the Student Alumni Board here.
SAA is a closed organization, which means there is a simple application process to become a member. Any full-time UAFS student is encouraged to apply to become a member. The form below is left open all year, but applications are only reviewed in the early Fall and Spring semesters.
As a general member (GM) you will...
- be a positive representative of the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith.
- give back to your University.
- enrich your college experience.
- become a tradition keeper.
- network with students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
As a GM you will deveop..
- leadership, interpersonal communication, and social skills.
- an indepth knowledge of UAFS history and traditons.
- significant relationships with fellow GMs, students, faculty & staff, and alumni.
Other great perks are...
- free cap, gown, and tassel for graduation if you are an active member for 6 semesters or more (minimum of 10 hours per semester).
- priority on FREE Restoring the Roar t-shirts.
- free and earned SAA and UAFS swag (how to earn cool stuff).
- cool stuff in the SAA office.
- free scantrons for exams.
- member t-shirt (after first active semester).
- fill resume space!
- You must maintain a minimum 2.25 GPA.
- You must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University of Arkansas- Fort Smith.
- You must be a full-time student.
- You must attend all trainings, retreats, and meetings.
- You must be an active member of a SAA event or program committee.
- You must complete a minimum of 5 hours per semester by working in the Alumni office or working SAA events.
- You must have FUN!!!
If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete the application below. For further details email questions to Rick Goins, SAA Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.