Named for the motto of the 1928 first graduating class at Fort Smith Junior College — “Through diligence to victory” — the award is the highest alumni honor bestowed by the University of Arkansas Fort Smith (UAFS). Recipients are alumni who have distinguished themselves through service to their community, state, or nation, or whose outstanding leadership in their business or professional lives exemplifies this motto. Past honorees are Randy Wewers '58, Peggy Raynor Weidman '73, Stacey Jones '71, Conaly Bedell '56, Warren Rapert '81 and Chester Koprovic '75.
We are no longer accepting nominations for this year's Diligence to Victory award recipient. However, if you know a great candidate for the award, please contact us to submit your nomination for 2016.
- Diligence for life-long learning
- Successful career
- Significant achievement
- Continued relationship with the university as a friend, mentor and supporter
- Embodies all that is best in an alumnus/alumna
- Involved with UAFS at every level – from volunteering to serving to attending to contributing
- Incredible record of community service beyond involvement with the university
- Serves quietly, humbly, unassumingly and always with a smile
- Unwavering support of UAFS and generous service to the university and the broader community
- Devoted to UAFS
- Conceived educational or charitable programs and built them from the ground up
- Brought together and created synergy between the university and the community
- Name is synonymous with the university
- Ambassador to the community
- Integrity and character
- Commitment and devotion
- Enthusiasm and energy
If you have questions in reference to the Diligence to Victory Award, please contact us at email@example.com or 877-303-8237.